Over 20 years of experience in private equity, SPACs, M&A, operations & public market investments
SAMA II Summary
SPAC Vehicle Summary
- SAMA II, sponsored by Schultze Asset Management, completed its $165 million in IPO in October 2021 and listed on the NASDAQ exchange (SAMA, SAMAU, SAMAW)
- SAMA II specializes in targets that are experiencing liquidity constraints, are financially stressed or previously emerged from a financial restructuring
- Repeat, skilled team with extensive relationships across its core industry groups: Consumer / Food & Beverage, Aerospace & Defense, Media & Entertainment, Industrial Growth and Technology
- Targeting high-quality companies with solid operations, management and underlying business prospects
- Hybrid vehicle provides for significant liquidity and/or continued ownership and ability to de-lever, while gaining access to the public markets, strategic operating expertise and insights to drive growth
- Attractive option versus IPO or outright sale (PE/strategic sourcing, investing and profiting throughout a company’s lifecycle)
Schultze Asset Management Overview
- Founded in 1998, Schultze Asset Management is an award-winning investment manager led by a team with over 27 years of event-driven and distressed securities investment experience
- Long and short, up and down the capital structure of US companies
- Substantial employee investment in funds – firm-wide focus on aligning incentives
- Access to rich opportunities across spectrum from liquid to longer-term holding periods
- New York State certified Minority-Owned Business
Successful Investment History
(1) Only includes SPAC as well as those firms where Schultze Asset Mgmt. was actively involved, invested long, and invested over $10MM between 12/1/03 – 12/31/21. Does not include short-sold companies, ETF’s, companies in the retail sector, leverage or margin borrowings, management and incentive fees, professional fees, and other trading expenses. Does not include all investments.
*Total investment transactions made by Schultze Asset Management, LP between 1/1/1998-9/17/2021, including purchases, sales, short sales, and covers of equity securities.
SPAC Transaction Benefits
- Hybrid investment vehicle to provide owners significant cash liquidity at closing and meaningful continued ownership in a publicly traded vehicle.
- Significant access to capital to de-lever, if needed.
- Prompt access to a public market listing, a permanent capital base, and additional capital to drive further growth.
- Access to significant financial and operating expertise and insights to accelerate organic and M&A-driven growth and enhance overall performance.
- Opportunity to partner with owners and management to maximize value over time.
Target Investment Criteria
We intend to focus on companies with the following characteristics:
$750MM – $1.25BN
Attractive free cash
flow generation &
with a proven
execute on growth
from being a
Unique growth and
Schultze Special Purpose Acquisition Corp. II Announces Pricing of $150 Million Initial Public Offering
RYE BROOK, NEW YORK, Oct. 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Schultze Special Purpose Acquisition Corp. II (the “Company”), a special purpose acquisition company, today announced the pricing of its initial public offering of 15,000,000 units at a price of $10.00 per unit. The units are expected to be listed on the Nasdaq Global Market (“Nasdaq”) and begin trading on October 8, 2021, under the ticker symbol “SAMAU”.
View and download our SEC filings.
"*" indicates required fields